Old, White, Christian Lords Talk #EqualMarriage for England & Wales
Something like 90 speakers in hours, and hours of apologetic and unapologetic gaybashing at the House of Lords on the marriage equality bill…
Let’s take a closer look at some of these friendly mugs…
Oh yes, fabulous, he clearly knows bow ties are so in right now. Oh, oh dear, well I’m sorry we’re such a vocal minority…
This chap looks friendly, an old queen’s flair… Oh, nope, wrong again… Just another old bigot…
I suspect he strained his arm in a fiery argument over bestiality.
Even the younger ones look tired…
A woman speaks! Bring it hunty, look at that dress! Oh, well, if you’re going to say that about equal rights maybe we should discuss that thing you put in your hair.
Why the long face? Because you’re on the wrong side of history?
WHAT IF A LESBIAN QUEEN WAS ARTIFICIALLY INSEMINATED?!
Why Scalia's originalism is a bunch of [expletive]
- Scalia: Was it unconstitutional?
- Olson: It was constitutional when we - as a culture determined that sexual orientation is a characteristic of individuals that they cannot control, and that -
- Scalia: I see. When did that happen? When did that happen?
- Olson: There's no specific date in time. This is an evolutionary cycle.
- Scalia: Well, how am I supposed to decide a case, then -
- Scalia: Okay. So I want to know how long it has been unconstitutional in those -
- Olson: I don't - when - it seems to me, Justice Scalia, that -
- Scalia: It seems to me you ought to be able to tell me when. Otherwise, I don't know how to decide the case.
- Olson: I - I submit you've never required that before. When you decided that - that individuals - after having decided that separate but equal schools were permissible, a decision by this Court, when you decided that that was unconstitutional, when did that become unconstitutional?
- Democrat: Does it hurt?
- Republican: What?
- Democrat: Legitimate rape